1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
Rico, from Break Out, book one in my Blood Hunter series. He’s the pilot of the space ship El Cazador, and he also happens to be a vampire. He was also the easiest to write as he just took on a life of his own.
2. Tell me about your travels.
Nowadays, they’re nonexistent. But there was a time when every spare penny and every spare moment was spent travelling. When I was in my twenties, a good long time ago, we (my husband and I) did voluntary work in Africa for a few years. It left us with a love of travelling and a dislike of ‘proper’ employment (which has stayed with me ever since) and afterward, we never really settled down. We spent the following decade or so mixing travelling when we could afford it with working when we couldn’t. We visited Africa, South-east Asia, India...
3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
4. What else can you do besides write?
5. Who are you reading right now?
6. Pop culture or academia?
7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?
8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
9. Food you could eat everyday.
10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
They used to make me try and play Hockey when I was at school—I hated it—it put me off sports for life. Having said that I’m not a total slob. I have a horse called Gencianna, so I ride most days. And I have four dogs, so I walk them quite a bit as well. I also recently got a pot-bellied pig, called Piggles. She only has three legs so I have to carry her up and down stairs—and she’s not light—I’m definitely building up some muscles.
11. What kind of music speaks to you?
12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?
I’m a total plotter.
13. Celebrity crush.
Not really a celebrity, but right now, I love Jack Bauer out of 24.
14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
15. Do you still watch cartoons?
She shares the farm with her husband, three dogs, four cats, a horse, two goats and a handful of chickens. It’s a perfect place to indulge her two great passions, reading and writing.
She writes lots of different things, but mainly paranormal and science-fiction, usually with a strong element of romance.
Find Nina online at http://www.ninacroft.com.
Buy her books at http://www.amazon.com/Nina-Croft/e/B004V2EML6/ref=sr_tc_ep?qid=1330949733.