1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
2. Tell me about your travels.
My husband and I love to travel. We have cruised to popular sites like Bermuda, the Caribbean, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas. Mission work and family have taken us to Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Africa and Japan.
3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
Coffee with Truvia and Almond Joy creamer. Every morning at 4:55. It is the only reason I get out of bed!
4. What else can you do besides write?
5. Who are you reading right now?
6. Pop culture or academia?
7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?
8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
My family, friends and my classroom! I could and should have written all my adventures with six year olds over the years!
9. Food you could eat everyday.
10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
Training for a 5K right now. I hit the gym every morning at 5:30!
11. What kind of music speaks to you?
12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?
13. Celebrity crush.
14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
15. Do you still watch cartoons?
Kim Messinger, married to Matthew, is the mother of two active boys, Micah, a college freshman, and Caleb, a high school senior. She holds degrees from Lancaster Bible College and Millersville University and has earned a master’s degree in special education at Nova Southeastern University. A first grade teacher, Kim has served in a variety of ministries and positions including singing groups, Christian education director, youth director and worship leader. Her hobbies include caring for her Newfoundland dog, Indy, herb gardening and cheering on her sons at sporting events. Kim hopes to use the events of her life to encourage women to pursue a more personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Find Janine, Kim, and Shirley at www.friendsoftheheart.us.