1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
2. Tell me about your travels.
3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
4. What else can you do besides write?
I can blink both of my eyes at the same time!
5. Who are you reading right now?
6. Pop culture or academia?
7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?
8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
9. Food you could eat everyday.
Indian food is to die for. I love samosas, vegetable pakoras, palak paneer, basmati rice, tandoori chicken—heck, I adore it all. Hmm, now I know what I’m having for dinner tonight!
10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
Like I mentioned earlier, I can blink both of my eyes at the same time (but now I only do it on Thursdays).
11. What kind of music speaks to you?
12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?
I do an outline, a flow chart, a PowerPoint presentation, a pie graph, index cards, a Schrödinger equation, and a histogram. Believe it…or not.
Peter Dinklage. He’s a perfect fit as Tyrion Lannister on HBO’s Game of Thrones, but the film of his that got me seriously crushing is The Station Agent. He had the sexiest scowl in that.
14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
15. Do you still watch cartoons?
Oh, yes, yes, yes! Some of them are shows I watch with my daughter, like Miss Spider or Clifford the Big Red Dog, but others are adult fare I watch with my husband, like Frisky Dingo. I’ve been an anime fan since childhood (hello, Uchū Senkan Yamato!). The most recent animated film I watched was Satoshi Kon’s Paprika (2006).
Heather Massey is a lifelong fan of science fiction romance. She searches for science fiction romance adventures aboard her blog, The Galaxy Express.
When she’s not reading, she’s watching cult films and enjoying time with her husband and daughter.
Visit Heather online at these links (and please bring her some Indian food):
WEBSITE - heathermassey.com
- The Galaxy Express - thegalaxyexpress.net
- Heather Massey – Science Fiction Romance Author
- @thgalaxyexpress - http://twitter.com/thgalaxyexpress
The Watchmaker’s Lady (Clockpunk Trilogy #1). There’s like, a Victorian sex doll in it. Seriously. And her watchmaker lover. And a super secret twist. In fact, the only thing missing from this story is Indian food. But that’s okay.
SUMMARY FOR The Watchmaker's Lady
Matthew Goddard is a lonely watchmaker in 1840 New England. One fateful day, he discovers the lover of his dreams in a dusty corner of the local general store—Isabel, a bisque porcelain mannequin head with mesmerizing, smoky blue eyes. When Matthew invites her to come live with him, she eagerly “accepts.”
The couple embarks on a lust-filled affair, one fueled by Matthew’s wild imagination. In order to provide Isabel with a brass body and pretty clothes, he begins a secret side business selling clockwork sex toys to his wealthy female customers.
Danger, however, threatens their idyllic romance when a disgruntled customer exposes Matthew’s forbidden business to the townspeople. Despite the growing menace, Matthew will stop at nothing in order to save his soul mate—and protect their love.
Want to know more? Visit Red Sage Publishing.
Buy Heather's other books at these links:
- Once Upon a Time in Space - http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-Space-ebook/dp/B004QOAVF0
- Queenie's Brigade - http://www.amazon.com/Queenies-Brigade-ebook/dp/B005RR1ZVY