This is the fifth in a series I'm hosting where I talk with reviewers who have reviewed my books. Today I welcome Claire Smith from Claire's Book Corner! She was kind enough to take time out of her reading and blogging schedule to answer some fun questions about herself, her blog, and about my novel Ambasadora.
To read Claire's full review of Ambasadora visit: http://clairesbookcorner.blogspot.com/2011/09/ambasadora.html
ABOUT THE REVIEWER
1. What types of books do you review most often?
For the past few years I have been mostly reading Urban Fantasy so they are the books that get reviewed.
2. Are there any types of books you won’t review?
Yes, I never read YA so I wouldn’t review those books. No offense to the people who do read them but they just aren’t for me. I hated being a teenager when I was one so I certainly don’t want to read about teen angst now.
3. Do you review more books you've come to on your own or those from authors/publishers?
I’m very new to the whole business of reviewing so the books that I have reviewed have been my own. I did manage to get two ARC books by one author who was pleased with a review I had previously done of one of their books.
4. How long does it usually take you to get to a book once it makes it into your TBR pile?
Oh goodness, my actual TBR pile is massive. I haven’t counted but I must have over 200 books on that pile and I still can’t stop myself from buying more books. I read whatever takes my fancy at the time of choosing a book. Sometimes I haven’t been able to decide and so I have got my cat to choose for me. Oh no, that makes me look like a crazy cat lady--I’m not, I promise. If someone asked me to do a review though, that would go to the top of the pile.
5. What do you do if you can't finish a book?
There have only been a few times when I can’t actually finish a book. I hate not seeing a book through to the end. I’m always so hopeful that the next page the story will get better. If I don’t finish a book I will still write a review for the part I did read, what I don’t like someone else will.
6. What is your favorite book ever?
That is so difficult to answer and my answer changes daily. So today I am going with the Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk. I could do with a beer, a laugh and a hug with one of the characters called Shamus O’Flynn right now.
7. Do you like ice cream better than potato chips?
No way ice cream--it’s potato chips every time for me.
1. Who was your favorite character?
Sara is my favourite character. I really liked seeing her grow from a pretty socialite with no cares but that of getting an amour and having children to being a fighter in battles.
2. Who did you picture as the characters?
I pictured Megan Fox as Sara, Gabriel Aubry as Sean and a British actor called Richard Armitage as Rainer.
3. What is your favorite setting within the Ambasadora-verse?
I liked it when Sara and Sean escaped to the Underground in Latulip.
4. Would you rather have a character or a place named after you?
I would love to have a character named after me and be totally opposite to what I am like.
5. What would you have changed about AMBASADORA if you could?
I wouldn’t have changed anything. If I did then we wouldn’t have the excellent book that we do have now.
6. What would you like to see in future books within the Ambasadora-verse?
I would like to see Sara and Sean meet with Rainer. I think there would be an almighty fight between Sean and Rainer.
7. Would you ever want to travel to the V-side?
Of course I’m always up for an adventure.
Want to know more about Claire? Leave your question in a comment below and check out these links:
If you would like to read Claire's full review of Ambasadora follow this link: http://clairesbookcorner.blogspot.com/2011/09/ambasadora.html
If you would like to review Ambasadora, email me at email@example.com.