HEIDI’S PICK SIX
M. Stephen Lukac
1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
Philip Ducalion, the ex-cop from Oogie Boogie Central & Oogie Boogie Bounce (and the hopefully soon-to-come solo adventure - Legerdemain). He's the closest thing to an I-Guy in my repertoire.
2. Tell me about your travels.
3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
Coffee, coffee, COFFEE!!!!!!
4. What else can you do besides write?
5. Who are you reading right now?
6. Pop culture or academia?
7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?
8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
9. Food you could eat everyday.
The edible kind.
10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
11. What kind of music speaks to you?
12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?
I'm just a hitchhiker taking notes, although I do tend to outline in my head before jumping in the shotgun seat.
13. Celebrity crush.
It used to be Teri Hatcher but now I find myself mesmerized by Kate Winslet.
14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
15. Do you still watch cartoons?
Not the current stuff, but if I hear the opening bars of "Merry Go-Round Broke Down," I'm in front of the TV drooling like Pavlov's puppy.
M. Stephen Lukac is a married father of three, a professional bookseller and a still-aspiring writer. Oogie Boogie Central was released in 2003, followed by But Then Again, You'll Have This... later that year. In February 2008, Delirium Books released the long-awaited sequel Oogie Boogie Bounce. Steve's also a bit of a smart ass, which will come as no surprise to regular readers.