2010 12 x 12 Reading Challenge
I am participating in the March 12 x 12 Reading Challenge, hosted by Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings.
According to Queen of Happy Endings, the original 12 x 12 challenge came from Pizza's Blog and Foma.
There is a blog host for each month throughout 2010:
MARCH - Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings
APRIL - One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books
MAY - Page Turners
JUNE - Misfit Salon
JULY - Good Books & Wine
AUGUST - Bookworming in the 21st Century
SEPTEMBER - Bibliofreak
OCTOBER - Book Crazy
NOVEMBER - Teens Read & Write
DECEMBER - My Life in not so many Words
Participants can join in one, two, or all twelve of these separate reading challenges. Each month starts a brand new reading challenge. And the goal? To simply read more novels.
The rules are whatever you want to make of them, but here are the guidelines the creator of NaJuReMoNoMo goes by:
1. Must Be A Novel. Works of fiction only, please. Memoirs, non-fiction, how-to books, and Garfield collections don't count.
2. Memoirs Aren't Novels. No matter how made up the story, anything ostensibly true isn't a novel. Also known as The James Frey Rule.
3. Start and Finish in March.
4. Re-reading Doesn't Count. Try something new. Read something by your favorite author or try an entirely new author or tackle that novel you have always wanted to read.
5. Have Fun. Nobody is grading you or paying you or judging you. Read what you like and like what you read.
For book bloggers who would like to participate, create a post for your challenge. Feel free to use the button or make your own. Please link back to the host's post for that month using the provided Mr Linky so that others can find their way there.
For non-bloggers, keep a list of novels you read in March and post that list during the wrap-up post at the end of the month.
I chose Black Order by James Rollins. I'm trying to get caught up on all of his work since he is the guest of honor at this year's Pennwriters Conference in May.
Black Order by James Rollins