HEIDI'S PICK SIX
1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
It's a tie between Tommy O'Brien, the blue-collar bank robber from Terminal, and Levi Stoltzfus, the Amish magician from next summer's GHOST WALK.
2. Tell me about your travels.
I've been lucky enough to see every continent with the exception of Antartica. I spent a lot of time overseas when I was in the Navy--everywhere from Kenya to the Middle East to Guatanamo Bay, Cuba. And in the last ten years, I've been lucky enough to see most of America as a result of book signing tours and appearances and such.
One place I always wanted to travel to but probably never will is Mars.
3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
Coffee. Black. And lots of it. If there's no coffee, then tea will suffice, but none of that decaffinated stuff. I don't drink milk. Milk is the devil's work.
4. What else can you do besides write?
Play harmonica. Cook. And I'm a pretty accurate target shooter.
5. Who are you reading right now?
6. Pop culture or academia?
7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?
Chapter Two of Dark Hollow
8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
9. Food you could eat everyday.
10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
11. What kind of music speaks to you?
12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?
13. Celebrity crush.
Sandra Bullock and Julianne Moore.
14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
15. Do you still watch cartoons?
Brian Keene is the best-selling author of many books, including Dark Hollow, Ghoul, Dead Sea, Terminal, The Conqueror Worms, The Rising, City of the Dead, and more. Several of his short stories have been adapted into graphic novels and several of his novels are slated for film and video game adaptations. The winner of two Bram Stoker awards, Keene’s work has been praised in such diverse places as the New York Times, the History Channel, CNN.com, Fangoria, and Rue Morgue. Keene lives in Pennsylvania with his wife, Cassi, and his dog, Sam. He communicates with his readers online at www.briankeene.com.